RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Prizes
Grand Prize packages total over $35,000.00 in value, with Grand Prize of “Winner's choice of a new vehicle or vehicles from Taylor Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Bradley Illinois, totaling $30,000.00 or less M.S.R.P., includes factory incentives. Taxes, licenses and title are the responsibility of the winner.”
2. Who is eligible?
For Grand Prize: Any person who is 18 years of age or older, who has purchased a valid raffle ticket from the United Way of Kankakee County prior to or on March 31, 2016.
For All other Grand Prizes: Any person who is 18 years or older, who has purchased a valid raffle ticket from the United Way of Kankakee County prior to or on March 31, 2016.
ALL CHECKS MUST BE MADE TO UNITED WAY OF KANKAKEE COUNTY. THE UNITED WAY OF KANKAKEE COUNTY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE THE VALIDITY OF THE ENTRIES. DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS MARCH 31 AT 06:00 PM.
3. Who is not eligible?
For Grand Prize: United Way of Kankakee County staff and their immediate families (defined as living in same household).
For All other Prizes: United Way of Kankakee County staff and their immediate families (defined as living in same household).
4. How does the drawing work?
A maximum of 2,000 tickets will be sold at exactly $100.00 each with the drawing to be held on March 31, 2016 at the United Way of Kankakee County’s Annual Dinner at 7:00 PM or later.
United Way of Kankakee County will issue vouchers or actual prize items dependent on the nature of the prize item(s) to the holder of the winning tickets as they are announced on March 31, 2016.
The Grand Prize winning ticket will be drawn first and placed in a holding envelope until the end of the drawing. Each successive Secondary Prize will be drawn and placed in a holding envelope until the end of the drawing. Once all winning tickets have been drawn and placed in their individual envelopes, the winning tickets will be announced in reverse order, with the Grand Prize announced last.
5. Identification and Responsibilities:
Ability to provide a valid US identification prior to taking delivery of any prize will be required of the winning raffle ticket holders. Winners are responsible for all taxes, if applicable. Winners need not be present during the drawing of the winning tickets. All prizes must be claimed within 30 days of the date of the actual drawing. Winners will be notified of such either in person or in writing no later than 30 days after the drawing (April 30, 2016). Notification of winnings will be in any of the following ways: (1) actual delivery of the notice into the hands of the party entitled to receive it; (2) delivery by a nationally recognized overnight delivery service; (3) mailing of the notice in the United States Postal Service mail, certified mail, return receipt requested; or (4) contact via telephone number provided with purchase of ticket.
6. Smith, Koelling, Dykstra & Ohm, P.C., Certified Public Accountants and Advisors, an independent accounting firm, will verify and supervise the entries and drawings.
7. Requirements: The holder of the winning raffle ticket for the Grand Prize shall be responsible for all retailers’ occupation and other taxes on the sale of the vehicle and for all title and transfer fees. Promptly after the drawing date, the holder of the winning raffle ticket shall be required to appear at the office of Taylor Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Bradley, Illinois, of their choice for the purpose of paying such taxes and fees and picking up the vehicle(s). All Secondary Prize winners will be required to retrieve the prizes or prize certificates from the United Way of Kankakee County office located at 200 E. Court St, Suite 500, Kankakee, Illinois within 30 days of the actual drawing and by appointment only. The holder of the winning raffle tickets will be required to pay related Federal, State and local taxes as required by law. The winning raffle ticket holders must have purchased at least one raffle ticket in full prior to the drawing to be held on March 31, 2016. The holder of the winning raffle tickets grants United Way of Kankakee County and Taylor Chrysler Dodge Jeep the use of his/her name and photograph in all communication and publicity materials.
9. These rules and regulations are subject to change as deemed necessary.