United Way has seasonal volunteer needs that you may inquire about. We also accept 1-3 college interns per year. Call 815-932-7476 or email email@example.com
Several of our partner agencies have ongoing volunteer needs:
Center of Hope food pantry: 395 N Schuyler Ave, Kankakee. Monday-Wednesday 9:30am - 1:30pm.
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at the Center of Hope food pantry 815-937-4277
Catholic Charities: 249 S Schuyler Ave, Kankakee. Call to inquire about volunteering 815-933-7791
- Ombudsman Program: Be an advocate and companion for senior citizens who are in long-term nursing care facilities
- Money Management Program: Assist senior citizens with the basic tasks of managing their monthly bills and expenses.
- Other special events: Catholic Charities hosts many other events and programs to benefit the community.
Kankakee County Community Services, Inc: 657 E Court St. Call to inquire about volunteering 815-933-7883
- Club Boomer volunteers: A program that provide social activities for senior citizens. Volunteers are needed to help run games, crafts, bingo, classes, etc.
Options Center for Independent Living: 22 Heritage Drive #107, Bourbonnais. Call to inquire about volunteering 815-936-0100
- Options assists individuals with all types of disabilities to stay as independent as possible. If you are handy and able to help build wheelchair ramps or other similar devices, Options may be able to use your help!
Kankakee County Center Against Sexual Assault (KC-CASA). 1440 W Court St, Kankakee. Call to inquire about volunteering 815-932-7273
- Sexual Assault Hotline: Volunteer to be on-call with the sexual assault hotline. Volunteers are required to go through a training with KC-CASA.
Salvation Army: 148 N Harrison Ave, Kankakee. Call to inquire about volunteering 815-933-8421
- Community Thanksgiving Meal: Volunteers are usually needed to assist with this event.
- Christmas toys for children and food baskets: This is a huge effort each year that typically begins at the end of November. Call early to get involved.
- Red Kettle Drive: Salvation Army usually hires individuals from the community to ring bells for the Red Kettle Drive.
Child Network: 171 N West Ave #1, Bradley. Call to inquire about volunteering 815-936-7172
- CASA Volunteers: Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) must go through a training with Child Network in order to volunteer. You will be assigned to a foster child who is in the court system, and you will be their advocate until the case is closed.
KCC Alive Literacy & Baby Talk: Call to inquire about volunteer opportunities 815-802-8100
- Alive: Assist adults with improving their reading and literacy skills.
- Baby Talk: Visit the local hospitals and give books to parents who just had a baby. Also provide information on programs available for young children in the community.