Apply for funding today!
The 2020-2021 United Way Grant Application is now available.
United Way invests in high quality programs designed to improve the education, health and Financial stability of Kankakee and Iroquois county residents.
Eligible Funding Requests
Nonprofit agencies interested in applying for funding must:
- Operate and provide services in Kankakee and/or Iroquois Counties for at least 3 years.
- Conduct and submit an annual audit by an independent auditor to UWKIC on an annual basis.
- Annually submit a letter of good standing from the Illinois Secretary of State.
- Annually submit a Federal 990 and the Illinois 990AG.
- Have an active, local Board of Directors comprised of nonpaid volunteers who meet at least quarterly.
- Maintain an annual operating budget.
- Agree to UWKIC's Memorandum of Understanding.
- Comply in a timely manner to a request from United Way for information.
- Complete United Way's mid-year (if requested) and final reports.
Ineligible Funding Requests
Agencies that provide programs or services described below are ineligible for funding:
- Are primarily political in nature.
- Provide programs or services limited solely to the members of a particular religious group.
- Programs run by an agency with a religious affiliation may be granted funds, but only if the program is not religion-based and grant allocation funds are clearly not used for religious activities.
- Exist solely as a forum for the presentation of cultural and/or artistic achievements.
- Provide only direct medical services such as hospitals, outpatient clinics, neighborhood health centers and other health delivery systems. This does not prohibit the funding of programs that provide supportive and ancillary health services for specific client populations.
- Provide primary services that are the mandated responsibility of a governmental organization that serves the entire population.
Application Materials and Checklist
- Due no later than 2:00pm on Sunday, March 1, 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Information Sheet (Download file)
- Most recent Audit, including Auditor's Management Letter
- Latest unaudited financial records used in board/committee reporting or management function
- Copy of your federal 990
- Copy of your state 990AG
- Due no later than 2:00pm on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 by email to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Conflict of Interest Form (Download file)
- Counterterrorism Compliance Form (Download file)
- 2020-2021 Program Application (Download file - Kankakee) (Download file - Iroquois)
- United Way's MOU signed by agency Executive Director and Board President (Download file)
- List of Board of Directors with place of employment